Registration Timeout - Can't connect

If you have any questions or comments about how Chat Solutions can go here. BE RESPECTFUL! All open proxy issues go here.
varin

Registration Timeout - Can't connect

Post by varin »

I hope this board is still active because I can't connect to get into the help room. :)

When I try to connect, nickserv tells me that my nick is registered and protected. I can't successfully identify. I then get disconnected with an Operation Timed Out message. Other people in the chat rooms see me connect and timeout, but I never see the rooms on my side.

Help! I've been in these same chat rooms for probably a decade now and haven't recently changed any settings in my irc client. I checked my ip on the ban lists suggested and it doesn't look like I'm on any of them.
Hado

Re: Registration Timeout - Can't connect

Post by Hado »

Heya, what is the current irc info to connect to these rooms?
Legend
Network Administrator

Re: Registration Timeout - Can't connect

Post by Legend »

My apologies for the long overdue reply. Fortunately, I think we addressed varin's issue over email in February. I'll post responses for anybody who might have these questions in the future.

varin: If I remember correctly, your ISP starting blocking port 6667. However, when you connected to Chat Solutions using an alternate port (6599), it worked. And when you connected from a different wifi network using port 6667, it worked.

Hado: The address for the IRC server is irc.chat-solutions.org.