Unable to connect

If you have any questions or comments about how Chat Solutions can go here. BE RESPECTFUL! All open proxy issues go here.
ponytreegirl

Unable to connect

Post by ponytreegirl »

Hello,

I am having a problem with CS.  I have not been able to connect for days.  It does not matter if I connect with mIRC or java either.

I am also getting an error from Norton about  a Spyware keylogger.  I was told that this is because someone has typed something in the network that makes Norton think I am being attacked.

How do I get back on, without disabling my protection?

Thanks!
Legend
Network Administrator

Re: Unable to connect

Post by Legend »

The best thing I can recommend is updating your Norton software if any updates are available. There is a setting that would allow only mIRC to bypass the security; however, this usually isn't enough to solve the problem. I had a similar issue where Norton blocked me from an IRC script. I specifically set Norton to allow mIRC to run, but I was never able to connect to IRC in that script. From what I've researched, those who have had this Key Logger issue are also unable to use this bypass feature correctly.  :-\

If the Norton updates don't do the trick, one of our staff recommended installing NOD32 as a good alternative (http://www.nod32.com/download/trial.htm).

Hope this helps.